Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Today....

Today is a special day in history, not just any day! Today
18 years ago 2 people were born. One boy and one girl.
The boy was born 3 minutes before his sister and is reminded
of that quite frequently. Today marks a turning point for both
of their lives, they are no longer children and hardly a teenager,
but they still are in my eyes. I think 20 is an adult. They are now
able to vote for their favorite candidate. Their vote counts!
The girl is praying and still trying to figure things out for what
she feels she is called to do as her career. She knows she would
like to one day become a wife and a mother but she knows
there is another great adventure for her that is just waiting to
take place. She is continuing to seek Jesus to find that answer
as to what He wants her to do with her life. Her brother is
going to enlist in the military here very soon. Her sister is hoping
and praying that this will help him and that this is exactly where
God wants her brother to be. This is a whole new season of
life....sort of....I mean they are both heading in different directions.
They are moving in the direction that seems to be what God wants.
I pray they hear God's voice in this area!

I was reminded of one of my favorite verses in the Bible today as
I had my devotion. It said: "I am jealous for you with a godly
jealous. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I
might present you as a pure virgin to Him." (2 Cor. 11:2)
It made me think about how I am valued and loved by my King
on this very important day. I encourage you today to think of
the life you have and how you can live each day as a beautiful
bride of Christ. He will one day be our husband...until then
we wait patiently, waiting in expectation for his return. We wait
trusting that He is in complete control of our lives. Each day is
special...be wise with how you spend it. You don't have forever
to do what you are made to do here. Don't miss an opportunity
to be the best you can be for our King!

3 comments:

  1. awwww... your a really good writer...i like it...happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hannah! You are are a good writer as well! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete