Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Conviction=Good!



Here recently I have felt sad over the mistakes I have made and
the things that I have done wrong. At times I just feel so bad for
what I've done and what I should have done but didn't do. Things
just seem to be getting worse. I guess it's not really "getting worse,"
it just feels that way. I was reminded of that saying, "When life gives
you lemon's, make lemonade." I am to use what God has given me
and take the opportunities I have to do what's right and if I fail then
I repent and turn away from my sin that so easily entangles
me. It is good to be sorrowful for my sin, but it's not good to "beat
myself up" over it. Even if I do feel sad over what I've done, it's
called conviction. If I am "depressed" over it it's not conviction, but
depression and I am not moving forward if I am in that place. I have
said things that I regret and have done things that I wish I would have
thought before I did it. I know I mess up, but I don't like it. I have
not been wise in some areas or have had the right attitude at times.

   God, please change me and make me into the person you want
me to be! I don't like to not please You. When I mess up, please 
help me to remember Your promises and repent and change. Help
me to move on in life and not focus on my mistakes, but have faith
that You will help me, because I can't live my life without You Jesus.
I can't do it and I don't want to. Please help me to trust You and to 
love others the way You love me. Jesus take myself away from me.
You are in control, not me! I love You Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment