Thursday, January 6, 2011

Stand out





Have you ever considered those words-Stand Out? What does it mean to
"Stand Out?" To truly stand out is something people tend to not want to do
in this day and time. I hear so many people give the excuse, including myself
at times-"What if I look bad?" or "What will people think of me?" and even,
"I don't want to be made fun of...!" People tend to say things like, "I am doing
it because everyone else is...I don't want to look crazy...!" Do you ever see
yourself saying these things or hearing others say it? I know I do myself and I
do see others ask these questions/statements. I think it's about time we stood
for truth and what's right instead of letting the things in this world and peer
pressure and the thoughts we have make the decisions for us. We don't have
to go with the flow or dare follow those who do. We CAN do what's right,
even if we are tempted. We CAN do what's right even if we are being made
fun of! We can "Stand Out!" The only thing we need is Jesus and faith. At times
in this world, things will tear us down and we WILL be persecuted for believing
in Jesus! It will happen....IF....we are true followers of Jesus. If we truly want to
honor God with who we are and be who He has called us to be, we HAVE
to stand out. Jesus didn't fit in with everyone else. He did things even when
they were hard...for example when He went to pray to God the night He would
be taken to be killed, He prayed "Father take this cup from me...yet not my
will, but YOURS be done." He didn't have to die for us. Who really knows
what He could have done instead. I am just trying to say, it is VERY
important that we don't let others define us or tell ourselves we can't do something
because of something else, unless it's God directing us. He guides us and protects
us as long as we are under His submission. Don't be afraid!
Stand Out and do what's right.....even if it hurts....God is always there...just
hold His hand as He guides you through this life...He loves you tremendously!

No comments:

Post a Comment