Monday, January 17, 2011

Time for a Fast!

So someone here recently inspired me to go on a fast. Since then,
I have been feeling the need to. It is good to take time away
from the "electronic world" sometimes. I will take this time to spend
time with my Savior and really dig deep into His word. I feel I am
relying too much on other things right now and really need Jesus.
School starts again tomorrow for me and I will be taking an
Anatomy and Physiology class along with an English 101 class.
There are other things that I also have to and need to do. I love to
write and I hope it touches the lives of millions someday. Just one
practice I need to have is fasting when I can and when I feel led to
do so. Fasting is for dying to our flesh and our earthly desires and
temptations. It is for telling our flesh that it is not in control, but out
spirit is. It's for breaking the sinfulness and selfishness off and out
of our lives. I will fast for a week and hear God. If He wants me
to fast longer, then I will. Pray for me during this time as I am
seeking My Wonderful Jesus! Thanks!

p.s. I am only telling you this for prayer and so you know why I
won't be journaling online for awhile, not to puff myself up or
to make you feel or think any certain way. Thanks for understanding!

If you have questions about fasting, go ahead and ask...I will see if I
might could help you find the answer based on scripture! Thank you
for reading my journal/blog!

Isaiah 58:6 " Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the 
bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the 
oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?"

2 comments: