Monday, February 28, 2011

Great Faith

           "Once I saw a Russian lady officer on the street. I approached her and
appologoized, 'I know that it is impolite to approach an unknown lady on the
street, but I am a pastor and my intentions are earnest. I wish to speak to you
about Christ.'
             She asked me, 'Do you love Christ?' I said, 'Yes! With all of my heart.'
She fell into my arms and kissed me again and again. It was a very embarrasing
situation for a pastor, so I kissed her back, hoping people would think we were
relatives. She exclaimed to me, 'I love Christ too!' I took her to our home and
discovered to my amazement that she knew nothing about Christ-absolutely
nothing-except the name. And yet she loved Him. She did not know where and
how He lived and died. She did not know His teachings, His life of ministry. She
was for me a psychological curiostiy: how can you love someone if you know
only his name?
             When I inquired, she explained, 'As a child, I was taught to read by
pictures. For an 'a' there was and apple, for a 'b' there was a bell, for a 'c' a cat,
and so on.
             When I went to high school, I was taught that it was my holy duty to
defend the communist fatherland. I was taught about Communist morals. But
I did not know what a 'holy duty' or a 'moral' looked like. I needed a picture
for these. Now I knew that our forefathers had a picture for everything
beautiful, praiseworthy, and truthful in life. My grandmother always bowed
before this picture, saying that it was the picture of one called Cristos (Christ).
And I loved this name by itself. This name became so real to me! Just to say
this name gave me such joy.'
             Listening to her, I remembered what is written in Philippians 2:10,
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow. Perhaps the anti-Christ will
be able for a time to erase from the world the knowledge of God. But there
is a power in the simple name of Christ, and this will lead one to the light.
             She joyously found Christ in my home and now the One whose name
she loved lived in her."

This story, Lord is so inspiring. This story makes me want to be more like this
wonderful lady. This woman loved You without even knowing Your wonderful
name. She loved You even though she didn't even here the good news about
You! Lord help my unbelief, help me to love You until the end of time. When
the world and the desires and the lusts are too much, help me to stand for You!
Let my children and my grandchildren and great grandchildren, and so on love
You until forever. Help me to be the light that You have called me to be. Let
my weaknesses be my strength in You and only You! Live through me!
I am Forever Yours!




No comments:

Post a Comment