Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Waiting...





Habakkuk 2:1-3

Waiting can be so hard. I think it's especially hard when we don't know what the outcome
will be. I'm sure you and I both can think of times in our lives we waited (or are waiting right
now) for something and we didn't know what we were exactly waiting on. One simple example
is on Christmas Day. The presents are all under the tree and we know that we are getting
something good, but we don't know the details of that gift. We have to wait until the appointed
time to find out what's inside the gifts.
                -In our house on Christmas day, we don't even know which gift is ours. My Mom
                 doesn't put names on our gifts, but codes them so that the children won't shake
                 their gifts and find out what is inside too early. So every Christmas, it's a game
                 in our house to crack the code. Everyone loves to try and ask Mom if we got
                 it right, and when we don't have it right she says, " That's not it, but that's a
                 good guess, I might try that sometime!" Most of the time, except for last year,
                 we have cracked at least one code which helped us figure out the rest of them.
In saying this, I'm just making a point, that even though waiting is difficult, the best is yet to
come. Habukkuk 2 talks about waiting and living by faith. That is difficult to do if we don't
trust in God's timing of things. God has a time and place for everything (Ecclesiastes 3).
Recently, I have been able to "let go and trust God" in some areas of my life where I have
tried and have thought that I have before, but really didn't. The freedom I feel and have
when I let go and trust God feels so good!!! I really feel free.

It takes a lot of faith and trust to trust someone we can't see in the physical world right now.
It takes trust to give someone your life who you can't see like I can see people and things.
I can trust Him, we can trust Him. God has shown us that He is faithful in ALL things in
life. In my life, He has brought me from a home that didn't care about protecting me to a
home that does care and protects me and loves me. He brought Amanda out of the time
when she lost her memory. He also saved Joel when he drowned in our pond in our back
yard. The list could go on and on and on!!!!

God knows everything, we have nothing to fear. Our job is to trust God and grow in Him.
He will and does continually take care of everything else!

I will wait for whatever God has in store for me! :)
I hope you will too!

2 comments:

  1. I feel like I'm right there with you in the waiting boat. I don't know what the next season of my life holds, but I know the Lord was, is, and will continue to be faithful. Thanks for encouraging me today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm so glad you were encouraged! Thanks for commenting! Yes, the Lord is SO faithful in all things! He is such a good God!

    You're welcome Elizabeth!
    (by the way, I like your name, it's actually my middle name and you spell it the same way that I do! How cool is that!? :) )

    ReplyDelete