Sunday, May 29, 2011

Quiet Time...

I took this picture, it's in my parent's room and reminded me of "Quiet Times" even 
though I like to be outside, this is a good example of A Quiet Time I might have."

In my Quiet Time, I find strength and reassurance. In my Quiet Time I find truth and correction.
In my Quiet Time I find love and mercy, healing and guidance, joy for my triumphs and sorrow
for my mistakes. My sorrow leads to conviction and my conviction leads to repentance. My
repentance leads to joy and abundant life in Jesus. Quiet Time is a source of strength in weakness,
a source of correction when I have done something wrong. Having a Quiet Time enables me
to change and not stay the same, but to grow spiritually and emotionally and in every way really.
My Quiet Time brings life to my soul. Without my Quiet Time/Devotional time, I often can seem
bitter or upset, and often afraid, or I seem like something is missing or wrong... The good thing
is that when I have my Quiet Time, my fears are erased and are replaced with courage and
strength to face the day. I find wisdom and understanding where and when I need it most. I
often enjoy having "all day" Quiet Times, because I just love to soak up and bask in the presence of
Jesus! He IS my life and all that I live for, without Him, I am nothing at all. There are no words
to tell you how I feel when I spend time with Jesus, it's like everything in the world fades and
all that is left is Him and me! I LOVE Jesus and I LOVE to spend time with Him and that is
the complete and honest truth! My favorite place to spend time with Him is outside! I sometimes
wish I could BE the outdoors! I long to be with Jesus and sit on His lap, or dance with Him in
fields of green or ride horses with Him guiding my way as I sit with Him feeling like I am
floating in the air. I dream of taking walks with Jesus and holding His hand and telling Him
everything and He tells me everything! This is my hearts ultimate desire! I long to gaze into His
eyes or just see His Holy and Wonderful face!

Where I spend my time and who I spend my time with is who I will become. So spending time with
Jesus should be my hearts ultimate desire, because then I will become like HIM! Wouldn't that
be wonderful?!?! I want to know and become ALL that He wants for me, nothing more, nothing
less. I want to grow wiser in His wisdom. I want to grow mentally, spiritually, and in every way
that I can to become like Him! My Quiet Time is very precious to me!

This is my life, am I who I want to be?
This is YOUR life, are you who you want to be?
You and I can't be or do anything with God, so we need to learn from the Creator, right?
I encourage you to value your quiet time and make time for the Father, because He turned
my world into something amazingly, beautiful and still turns it daily! Terrible things might happen,
but God is God and I trust in Him to take care of me! I still have so much to learn!!!!

Keep showing me the way Jesus! I love you Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment