Friday, June 10, 2011

Journey With Me-Job's Life...

I want to try and do what I have been wanting to start doing for a very long time! I am
going to try and journey through books of the Bible and do study's on them. I really
like the book of Job and I have learned a LOT from him, so I think I am going to start
out with his book first. I will do as many chapters as I can and hopefully get through them
all as quickly as I would like (which would be one chapter a day, at the most two chapters
at a time)! Pray for me as I embark on a journey of a life that I believe will impact and
change both your life and mine. I will start out by first giving you an overview of the book
of Job and that will hopefully help you to understand more about him and the book!

Overview of Job:

The Israelite author presents Job as a person living in Uz, which is outside the borders of
Israel itself. Job is a man who was obviously (as you will see in our study) very dedicated to
God and loved Him above everything in life. God told Satan that he could test Job and Job
would not turn against God even in the darkest and hardest times in his life. Job lost
everything he owned and even the one's he loved, but he still praised God through it all-he
loved Him through the hardest. Afterwards, Job still loved Him with all that he was. Job is
known very much for his suffering that he had to endure during the time of his testing. In
chapter 19, verse 25, Job says, "I know that my Redeemer lives." Job's love and trust for
God is very evident throughout the whole book.

Job struggled, but he always went back to the Rock-Jesus/God! He was firm in His love and
faith. He NEVER gave up!

Side Note-I hope to Journey through Esther, Ruth, Psalms, Proverbs and several more,
it will take lots of studying, prayer and time though-Bear with me! ;) The words that I
write are just what I am learning, so if you know something that maybe I didn't put
down in any of these studies, please feel free to do so! I want to grow in my walk with
Christ and learn as much as I can from others and their walks with Jesus. I always have
more to learn, as we all do! ;) So thanks for sharing-in advance!

I also will try and post recipe's I like on here so you know what kinds of things are good! ;)
I like to cook good food, so this will be a learning experience all around for me and I hope
for you as well!

Are you ready to learn? I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment