Thursday, June 9, 2011

J.O.Y.-Serving...

"No greater love hath any man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."

Serving is one of my personal favorite things to do. I love to serve others, when I do serve
I feel so much joy and love on the inside of me! Jesus came to serve others, so in the same
way I/we am/are called to serve others. Serving is laying our lives down for others. It can be
anywhere from it being small-like doing to dishes, to large-like giving money or something of
value away. Serving can be a sacrifice, a lot of times it is a sacrifice! I believe serving helps
me grow and I hope it helps you grow too! When I help my Mom do the laundry, I don't think
it as a "chore," but instead as an opportunity, because what I do for others I am doing it for the
Lord as well. You know that verse that says, "Whatever you do, work at it with all of your heart
as working for the Lord and not for men." That is SO true, when I work and do things, I am not
doing it just for the people I am serving, I am doing it for God! God said "If I be lifted up I will
draw ALL men unto me." As we serve and glorify Him in everything we do and say and think,
we give God glory and when God is glorified He draws ALL people to Himself! That is so
marvelous!

I know many times when I do something or say or write something, many people will tell me
either "Good Job!" or " Thank you Traci, you're so sweet, nice, etc..." In my heart though I
might feel good (which I do!), but most of the time I just want to say "Jesus did it in me, not
me! Thank You Jesus for using my life to bring You praise, I don't deserve the credit-You do
and I thank You Jesus for all you have done for me! I love you!" That is my hearts prayer or
thought when someone tells me or congratulates me or praises me in any way! I am happy to
be used by God, but it's NOT ME! It's Him! God calls us as followers to serve those in need!

So many times I have thought of ideas or ways that I can serve, but sometimes what I want to
do at the time seems too big to do it on my own and I often give up, but that is a weakness I
need to conquer. Giving up is NOT an option! I HATE giving up-with everything in me, I hate
it! Serving is amazing. I actually have more joy and happiness and love inside of me when I serve
and give then when I receive! I am not putting down receiving things and gifts, I just LOVE to
give and serve. God blesses that heart. Believe me, I have seen it happen a lot-I will give away
3 HUGE bags of clothes to someone or just give it away and I ALWAYS receive something back,
whether it be clothes, time, love, money, etc...it varies, but I ALWAYS receive back. When I
receive back I just want to give more! The things and worldly "treasures" we may possess now
are not going to last, so why build up these "treasures" if they are going to fade? Why waste
what we have been given?

Actually in the past few weeks and days I have been given many opportunities to serve others!
I babysit a lot (most of the time I get paid, but I don't just do it for that reason-I LOVE KIDS!!!!),
I helped a wonderful lady with a beautiful baby girl move in last week into the town I live in. My
brothers and I helped as much as we could. I went to Benton to serve a lady by painting a room
for her with my 2 brothers-Trevor and Troy. She served us 2 years of our lives and now it is my
turn to serve her! I also have been able to serve my wonderful mother by helping her at home
and running errands for her as much as I can. I am now in Kentucky having an amazing
opportunity to serve my grandmother-Mema in any way that she needs help for a couple of days!
I continually, always have opportunities to serve. If I can't find the opportunity, I will search for
ways to serve-ask anyone I know, they can tell you! Serving is SO much fun!

I encourage you to serve any way that you can. Use this time in your life to serve and reach
out to those who need your help whether it be small or large or any size really! Every time you get
the chance is the best way to do it! I do it that way-just remember that you are doing it for
God...at times it may even be hard or difficult, but it is totally worth it!

Jesus
Others
Yourself

JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment