Friday, June 10, 2011

Life Is So Short!

As I have been visiting with my grandmother, I have become more aware of the
fact that life is SO very short. My grandmother that I am visiting with is going to
be 83 really soon and she is still more active than most people her age are. We have
talked about many things and she has a big decision ahead of her about what she is
going to do when she comes to the place where she will need help from others. See,
she lives all by herself in Kentucky and we come to visit and my Aunt lives close to
her but my Aunt Carol is about to move closer to her son, my cousin-Micah and his
family. My Aunt is building a house down there and is going to try and make room
for my grandmother and my Uncle Sammy's (Aunt Carol's husband) Mother as well.
So as you can see, my grandmother has some big decisions ahead for her!

As we set out and talked on her swing in her back yard, Mema (who I am visiting with
and is my Mom's mom, my grandmother) began to cry and tell me her feelings about life
and about what she desired for her family-to live and love others and God above all.
She would tell me about people she knew who were in worse positions than her, people
I personally knew who were good friends of hers. She just wants the best. She told me
over and over "life is too short to be wasted." We had a devotional time together later
on in the day and she told me "Traci, you're growing up so fast! Before you know it,
you will be 25, then 40, and then 80. Enjoy this life and live it everyday to the fullest."
We talked for quite some time about this and one thing led to the next and before we
knew it, time had really flown by as we sat and talked. As I heard my grandmother's
word's and see her cry and tell me her feelings (which she says she doesn't normally
express them..and not that much when she does), I began to see the light of what she
was talking about. My life will be gone before I know it. I really don't have much time
on earth, so I need to make the most of it that I can to be all of who God wants for
me to be. I need to tell as many as I can about God's love and NEVER stop! I need
to stand up for truth and righteousness while I have the chance! I am not promised my
next breathe, but I am promised that God will and does take care of me! No matter
what happens I can grow and learn from experiences and times in my life when it's
bad. When it's a good time in my life I can be all the more thankful for those blessings
that God has given to me!

Life is so short! I don't want to waste my life on things that are not worth it. I want
to invest into people's heart's and lives! I want to be ALL that God has for me to be!
I want to love God, love people and live out my faith and my walk with Jesus every
chance that I get! I desire to leave a legacy of love, forgiveness and a surrendered heart
to God! I desire to leave the kind of legacy that Christ be lifted up, that children will
know that they are loved with an everlasting love! I want to leave a leagacy of hope and
courage, of faith and endurance! Everything that is right and good I want to grow and learn
and live free in all that God has called me to be!

What will you do with the time that is left? Will you use your words to tear down or build
up? To love or to hate, etc...? The list could go on...ask your self these kinds of questions.
We don't know the time we have left...we need to make the most of it with every breathe
in us! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment