Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Why I Am Not Ashamed of My Testimony...

Many people may wonder why I speak so freely on the things of my past and the stuff that
has hurt me and I was wanting to tell you why I do it. I am not proud or happy of the things
that have hurt me in the past, by no means at all! I do know that I overcome by the blood of
the lamb and by the word of my testimony. My life is a testimony of God's love and mercies
and grace in my life! My life is not my own. The things that have happened to me have
happened (in different ways) to many other people around the world. God has given me a
splendid opportunity to use what He has done in and through my life to give hope to those
who don't have hope! I have something that they need-Jesus! I never, ever dreamed of
ever being where I am today! I have a LOT to be thankful for! God takes care of me and
all of His children!

The terrible family structure/life and history I had in my life is not apart of the person I am
today! I am a new creature, with a new future and a new life! The abuse and mistreatment
that was apart of my life is not what I am defined by. The things that happened to me were
out of my control. I was a child, living in terrible circumstances, but GOD used the things
of my past to create my ashes into something to bring glory to His name! The lies that I
believed are no longer there, the truth has set me free! I am able to live freely now that
Christ has done amazing things in my life! Without Christ, I don't know where I would be!
In all honesty, with the way I was heading and my family life, I can see the kinds of
choices I could have made. The life I could have had would have been dreadful, believe
you me!

We don't have to dwell on the things of the past. I make so many mistakes and will make
mistakes, but I know that God  is bigger and He is strong in my weaknessess! God has
forgiven those who have hurt me, so I have chosen to forgive those who have as well!
If we don't allow God to change us from the inside out, we can build up grudges and hate
in our heart, which causes us to not live a life of forgiveness towards others. We all deserve
death, but Christ has conquered the grave! We have a gift of eternal life once we accept
Him as our Savior and Lord of our lives!

I don't want the spotlight on me, I want it on Jesus! I give my testimony to others to show
others what God has done in and through my life! The things that have happened in my life
are a tool for me to use, given by God! He doesn't want me to live in the past, He wants
me to live in Truth, Love and in His perfect plan for my life. I am nothing without Him! He
gets all of the praise in my life!

I encourage you to speak and share what God has done for you, no matter the size! God
uses a life that is an offering spilled out before Him! He uses the broken lives and molds
them into something beautiful for Him! He uses everyone's life who gives Him the pen for
their story! Instead of taking the pen away, we have to learn to give it to the King, Creator
and All-in-All! It's an important step in being set free forever!


(P.S. I could talk a LONG time about this. lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment