Monday, April 4, 2011

The wonder of a child*





As I watch my little brother Joel (whom we all like to call Boden Bear) I realize how much I
need to come to Jesus as a little child. Just the other day "Boden Bear" was coloring and
playing with his older brothers. He was so adorable. Later on that same day, we went
outside to work in the garden and cleaned inside the house, as I was watching from the
door window in our living room looking out I noticed my little brother completely naked
running around playing in the little pool John had set up for them to play in! Almost
everyone was outside, so I didn't bother yelling to tell him to come inside and get some
clothes on because my parents would have told him to if it was really a problem. Anyways,
as I was looking out, my heart just melted because the thought came to me "Joel has no
cares in the world, not a single care-just trust." He is such an innocent little boy. He loves
to be like his older siblings all in different ways! At times he will even come up to me and
play with my hair and try to make me look like a "princess," he say's. The wonder of a
child...is so beautiful and wonderful. As I watch him, I hunger to be more innocent and
childlike at times. To live with no worries and not fears. That's what I desire to
reflect-the wonder of a child*

(Just so you know, we do live out in the country...so it's not in the city)

No comments:

Post a Comment