Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Research Paper, What Should I Do?

So in English 101 I have to write a research paper, that is at least seven pages long. This
is no difficult task for me. The one problem I am having is what I am going to do it on. I
was thinking about doing the topic of: Should we keep or take "In God We Trust off of the
bill or not" and the opposing viewpoints of each. The only problem I am having is with the
fact that not all of the founders of America were Christians. I need to be able to convince
them that what I believe is strong and true. Well, if not all of the people who founded
America were Christians, then they can really go against me in saying that their point is
stronger and I don't really know how to argue that since not "all" of the founders of
America were Christians, they didn't necessarily base it all on the Christian faith, but in
fact they did because most I believe were. This is a video I found while researching on
this topic. I was so stunned and shocked at what this guy was saying. It made me mad
to be honest. I wish someone would help him see the truth. Tell me what you think?
I am going to try creation vs. evolution, but if you have any better easier topics, I would
really like to hear it. It's due in one month, but I want to do well so I am starting now.
Please let me know any thoughts or ideas you might have! Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. You should check out Our American Heritage dvds by David Barton. You would be surprised to see how many of our founding fathers were Christians or had some form of faith in God. David Barton has amazing proof of how many of our founding fathers weren't "deists" but Christians. I don't know how you can prove that in your paper, but I know you can figure something out.
    Hope you do good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I have trouble not being upset at this guy; however, I really should feel sorry for him because he was pretty much blaspheming God. That is not a very good place to be. Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete