Sunday, March 13, 2011

*Passion*

Today at church the message was on discipleship. One thing that one pastor preached on
(because there was a guest speaker for Mission Sunday) that just melted my heart was
passion. When you think of "passion" or being "passionate" what first comes to your mind?
When I think of passion, there are several things that I think of. One of which is how much
I desire to be passionate with my Jesus. I want to be like Him in every way. The pastor
was talking about David's life and how he was truly a man after God's own heart. It was
so powerful, I just wanted to be what he was saying in every way!!! Don't you just love
it when you hear a message and it makes you fired up and ready to go for it? I love passion!
Passion drives us as human's. It makes us go where we are at. I know that I was really
convicted when I heard this message. I know that I don't spend as much time with my
Savior and King as I need to...and that is not His fault at all; He is always calling my name,
but do I ever follow Him-in EVERYTHING? Not just the little things or the things that are
comfortable to me? Will I follow Him to the cross? Am I willing to sell everything I have
for Him? Will I give it all for the sake of Jesus? Am I passionate enough to drive me to
the "end?" I know and want to be at the place where I am so completely love struck and
abandoned in Him that nothing else in this entire earth matters! It says in God's word in
Matthew 6:19-20, "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths 
and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves 
treasures in heaven, where moths and rustdo not destroy, and where thieves do 
not break in and steal." I want that! I want Passion for what God has passion for! I
want the heart that God has a heart for!

Create in me a pure heart O God! Make me into the woman of God, a woman
after Your own heart, that You will be proud of! Make me more passionately
in love with YOU, my Savior and Love of my life!

I encourage you to be passionate about Jesus! If you don't know how, ask, seek, knock!
Hopefully this helped you in some way! :) Let me know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment