Thursday, March 10, 2011

10 Ways To Show True Love

1. Give up something of yourself. This is tough many times, but 
    if you give of yourself no matter how much it may be, it shows
    others how much you really care and love them!
2. Give a gift. Giving gifts are simple, yet mean so much. I know 
    that when I receive a gift from someone, I feel good inside. I 
    often think, "They remembered me...that's really nice."
3. Write a letter. I absolutely love to write letters and I know that
    many people like to receive letters. The thoughts and time one
    spends writing confirms how much one cares about the other.
    Also, they can keep those letters for as long as they wish to be
    reminded of what you have written to them!
4. Hugs and kisses. I am a very affectionate person and from my 
    own experience I can say that I really like to give hugs and I 
    guess you could say I am a "touchy" person. Almost everyone
    enjoys hugs! :)
5. Listen. Sometimes this one can take practice to really learn how
    to do this. Listening shows the person who is talking that you care
    and love to be there and be helpful to them. It shows that you are
    not just blowing them off. I enjoy it when others listen and I bet
    you do too!
6. Give wisdom from the Bible. You can NEVER go wrong here!
    If it's in the Bible, it is Truth! Truth always shows love, no matter
    the circumstance. God's word is living and active. love is always 
    the root (or correction or guidance too, which boils down to love!)
7. Give up your time. Giving your time for someone shows that 
    you will take what you have and impart it into their life. Taking 
    time out of your day shows that you love and care about what
    the other person is going through!
8. Words of Affirmation. Words of affirmation generally show that
    you love and care about the other person. When you say "I love 
    you!" for example, does it make you feel loved? I personally think
    "love" is thrown around too casually nowadays. It can be 
     wonderful to know that you are truly loved!
9. Do an act of service. Service is your actions. Actions often speak
    louder than your words because what you think in your heart, you
    will act on. That is why it's so important to have a pure heart and
    mind. If someone did something for me out of love, I would 
    recognize it because the true love they show is revealed through who
    they truly are!
10. Most of all I think is to pray. Praying over someone is a definate 
    way to show someone you care about them. When someone 
    remembers to pray for me, I often feel like they are filling a gap that
    needed their prayer of faith. The Bible says if two or more are gathered
    together in my name it will be done. Overall though it has to have faith,
    truth, and God's word in the prayer!

I encourage you to show true love starting today! That's what I am
going to do! Tell me what kind of results you get over a period of
time you think is best! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment