Friday, January 27, 2012

Who or What Do We Worship?



Things in this world do not matter. Everything that we all get will be gone one day, eventually our lives will face judgement. Everything will be accounted for. What do you think we should do and live for, since everything is passing away? Well the answer is Christ and His Heavenly Kingdom. He has plans for our lives and He has given us a choice to follow His heart and plans. He will not force us to do things. He is a gentleman and He has not made us His robots. Everything we do in this world is our choice. We have to admit that we do mess up and sin, but by God's grace and love for His children, He gives us new life and a new hope, only if we believe and put out trust in Him. Everything that I have is not mine, I would be willing and able to give all I have away. Whatever God wants to do in my life, I say "yes" to. I will not put things ahead of God in my life. God is God of my life, not things. You or I can always know if things of this world have become a god in our lives by several signs. Some signs that should tell you if you have made something other than God a god in you life is by: 1. What are you thinking about? If your thoughts are focused on a thing you like or want to get or something you have and that is where almost all of your thoughts go, then there is a big sign that you are making the wrong choices and that thing or even person in your life could take the place that your Heavenly Father is supposed to have in your life. 2. What do you spend your time doing? If you spend and focus your world around 1 thing or maybe even two things in your life, then maybe those things have taken God's place. We are to worship Him in spirit and in truth, not along side other things. Something that people tend to put ahead of God is not only things but people. 3. So, are you thinking about someone all of the time? Do they consume your thoughts? If the answer to one or both or all of these questions is yes, then you probably have made something a gods in your life. If Christ is not the center of our world and how we make our decisions and how we use the things God has given us i.e. money, then it's about time that we confess to God that we have sinned and need and want God to tear down the gods in our lives. Many people in other countries worship false idols or images, and that is a god as well. We need God's help and guidance and mercy to tear down god's in our lives. He can and will do it. We just need to turn our focus to God and pray instead of thinking about that thing or person all of the time. After you pray, then get prayer, then decide to use your money, if it's money for God's kingdom and find the joy in giving and helping those in need. God loves us and He wants to be the love of our lives! There is so much joy and fulfillment when we worship and love God, the only one true God! He's amazing! :) Tear down idols and god's and let's worship the TRUE, ONE AND ONLY GOD TOGETHER, IN SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I loved this post! Putting things, people and idols before God... I can truly relate. It's just like the Israelites of the Old Testament: when they worshiped idols and turned from God to other gods, God led the into captivity, to cause them to turn back to Him. And that's what worship of other things is: a form of captivity.

    Jesus doesn't just save us once when we accept Him first into our heart, He saves us continually from the bondage of things that hinder us from being as close to Him as He longs for us to be. He rescues us by His Word and by our own cries. If there is something that hinders our communion with Him, then He has a right to be told through our own lips. God freed the Israelites from captivity when they "cried out to Him".

    I struggle daily with putting things before God, but I know that with His amazing grace, I am being freed everyday as well, as I go to Him and pray for freedom.

    Thank you for your post. It means a lot to me. :)

    ~Jewel

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome Jewel! I'm so glad it helped you! Please feel free to comment more and follow me on my blog and on my blog's facebook page! Let me know what you like and what you think! :) I really need and want comments! :)

    ReplyDelete