Monday, November 8, 2010

"Change the weather?"

                                        

So here recently, God has been burning this deep deep passion inside of me, and I
just can't stand but tell you! Well, I went to church and the pastor has been
talking about the life of Ruth and how she was a woman who really knew
the heart of God. She is such a great example of a woman of God that I
would like to be like. Our youth pastor has also been speaking on the Proverbs
31 woman! Oh how I wish I could be even some what like her!

Well anyways, these things have just been leading up to one very important
detail. That is: what does God want me to do as a follower of Him? I desire
to be like these great women of the Bible, but what does God want me to
do for Him in this day and age? Well, we had a "Project Compassion"
meeting talking about the homeless and how we were going to reach
out to them as a church.

I have always had a heart for the lost, hurting and dieing, but I just have to do
something about it! I can't just say that I don't like it and then sit back and
watch it happen! There are many girls who are in terrible situations with Human
Trafficking and many girls have to/think they need to abort their very precious
baby's and there are the homeless! The true homeless need a home!
Wasn't that a command Jesus gave? To clothe the naked?

Well I really feel like I can do something about it. I am praying right now
about what I can/should do. If you have any ideas, please let me know by
posting your thoughts on my blog! We can work together to "change
the weather"-of what's going on! Please pray with me and help us
brainstorm together!

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment