Friday, August 31, 2012

Mornings With Jesus!





God speaks to us in many ways. Just this last night I had a choice to spend time with God, or do other things that I thought were more important, like homework or reading a novel or a book about going organic and what that really means. Yes, I was tempted to do these things and other things too, but God showed me that I desperately needed to spend time with Him. He showed me that I have not made Him first priority in my life recently. Instead I have made my schedule and the things that I feel are important at the time my priority. That is wrong and I have known and felt terrible about for a very long time, but I haven't taken any action to make my spirit come in control over my flesh and the things I want to do. My spirit and the things of God need to rule any decision I make, no matter if they aren't necessarily "bad" things, but things that need to come last in terms of my order of priorities. God MUST be number one and without that set in stone, I can't go and move in the direction God has called me! God has never let me down or you down. He has been faithful and loving and patient with us and what do we do in return? We ignore Him, push Him away and don't listen. We think we know more than He does and we rule our own lives, when God really just wants us to submit to His plan and walk in obedience to Him. Things won't always be easy, but God is always there and He's there waiting for us to turn to Him. We all have a choice to follow the ways of the Spirit of God or the ways of this world and the fleshly desires. We all have a choice as to who we allow to influence us and the choices we make every day define who we are as a person! I encourage you to use the times and the things God does to change you from the inside out! I want Him to be number one, so I am making a conscious decision to do just that! I hope you will as well! If that means waking up early in the morning and spending time with Jesus-just Him and I, then that's what I'll do and what I did last night! That was the choice I made! I hope you are encouraged and continue doing good! Continuing in the things of God and in His word! He loves YOU! Remember that! You are becoming a reflection of Him! :) Keep it up!

2 comments:

  1. I struggle with that too! Seems that Satan can pretty easily cause us to stay busy doing things that are really important and need to be done and push our time with God to the side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya, It's very easily done...I just know it's not the important things..when I die and go to be with Jesus, I always think "what will Jesus say to me?" and "what kind of life have I lived so that when I die, what will people remember me for? Will Jesus say 'Well Done, my good and faithful servant, etc...or not.." That is what my heart desires, Him to be number one! It's hard with our busy lives, but we can and will do this simple task! :) Thanks for commenting Trina!! :)

    ReplyDelete