Monday, December 20, 2010

Jesus

As I was thinking about Christmas coming up, I was reminded of what I picture
Jesus as.There are so many pictures of what people see Jesus as in their life. As
you can tell, this person has pictured Jesus as a loving Shepherd. Jesus is
protecting and caring for this sheep. I just adore this picture because it shows
how gentle Jesus is when He cares for us. He loves us more than we know
and I think sometimes we forget How much He truly does care for each
and every one of us. Many people in this world see Jesus as just a teacher,
or a prophet, or maybe even...a fool. There are many people who, when
they think about Jesus, they don't get excited or inspired or hunger for
Him and His Life. There are many people who do get excited, inspired,
convicted, loved, etc...when they picture Jesus, but have you ever really
truly wanted to know for yourself what He looked like? Have you ever
wanted to just see Him face-to-face? To touch His hand? To talk to Him
"person-to-God"? Well, I know I have just wanted to sit in Jesus' lap and tell
Him all of my heart and thoughts and here his in return. A lot of times I will
cry out to Jesus, just wanting to be with Him, near Him, and touch Him.
I just want to be where He is!!! The hunger becomes so deep sometimes
I can hardly stand it. I cry so much I get a headache. Every time I do, I just
feel Him telling me that He loves me and one day when I get to heaven, I
will be able to do everything I desired to do with Him: sit on His lap, talk
to Him face-to-face, hear His gentle voice, dance with Him in the gardens
and on the prairie and in the mountains, hold His hands and Him guide
me and lead me and tell me what He wants me to know (I know that
was a VERY long sentence...sorry)!

I also am reminded that while I am here on this earth, He has a plan for
me and I can talk to Him and feel His presence near me. I don't have to
wait to know His plans for my life here, because He has revealed it in His
word and in each quiet time I give to Him. He will even speak when chaos
is all around me. He speaks even when I don't listen. He speaks and loves
me through it all. I am His treasure forever, as well as you are too! You
are HIS! Even when the storms come and the lightning strikes, you don't
have to be afraid. He is right there with you. If you do get afraid in this life,
remember all of His wonderful promises. Remember that He paid the price
and went through things much harder and much scarier than we ever could.
It's comforting to me when I think about His trial on the cross and my
disappointment that I am dealing with now. He cares about our lives and He is
holding our hand guiding us through this life. All we have to do is hold on to
Him and trust Him with everything we are!

There is so much more I could write on this, but for today I think this is
good. I hope you are encouraged. Thank you for even reading this far
if you have! You're a true champ! Merry CHRISTmas! Jesus truly
does love YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment