Friday, June 8, 2012

Purity Commitment

This above is a purity commitment that I printed off for myself and signed. I signed  one like it when I was like 11 or 12 years old and still have it to this day. The purity commitment I made is more than this says. I made a commitment to live my life purely in more than one way. Setting standards of purity are important to me. I think that the purity commitment I have made has helped me live this far where I am at now in my life. There are SO many people in this world who take this kind of stuff for granted, it hurts me SO much, and I know it's actually hurting those who take it lightly and don't care more than it's hurting me. I have made a commitment to stay pure in every area of my life, not just for my future husband, but for God and to live a Holy life that is pleasing to Him. I am not perfect, but I do know that to fight against the tides of this world, I must not be lukewarm and I must FIGHT for the purity of my brothers and sister in Christ! I MUST dress modestly, encourage others in their walks with God, change my thoughts of impurity to thoughts of things above, not on earthly things and not on things that will tear me down. I MUST say and speak the truth. I encourage you to do what's right and make a purity commitment and do whatever it takes to stay faithful to that commitment of purity in whatever you do. If you have messed up and failed, just realize that you are forgiven and turn a 180 degrees! That shows growth and that shows character and a heart to want to do what's right! You can do it! Stand in the midst of a falling world! Be the light in the darkness! Do what's right!

Purely His,
Traci

2 comments:

  1. The Lord may keep you in this fallen world.

    Hartmut

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little thing

    ReplyDelete