Tuesday, December 6, 2011

"The List"

I don't know about you ladies and gent's, but I know something that I do that is very helpful that I do to help me keep my focus on Jesus and my heart on my future man of my/God's dreams! Here it is: I write letters to my future husband so that I can give them to him on my wedding day to show him that I thought about him and that I then directed my feelings to God and my future husband in my letter, instead of another person. Another thing that I do is write a list of necessities of what I want and desire in a future spouse. In my prior post I showed you an example of a letter that I write to my future spouse. In this post I will show you an example of "the list" of what I want in a future spouse. I will not tell you everything, well, because you don't need to know everything and it's kind of personal. I will give you an example of some things that I have written down in what I do desire in a spouse and hopefully it will help you and maybe help you brain storm and make a list of what you want in a future spouse! It is important to set your standards high and keep them there because you are valued for you and for the person God is making you into! Just like your future spouse should develop character and godliness in their lives while they are waiting for you! PRAY FOR HIM/HER! Your future spouse (whether you meet the entire "list" or not) should love you for who you are. I know that the most important thing to me in a spouse is that he has a great relationship with Christ and his family! So here I go, I will start "the list" and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask! Leave comments too! :) Thanks!

"The List"
1. Christian who has a good, firm relationship with Christ.
2. Faithful
3. Has a good relationship with his family
4. Honest
5. Makes pretty good money (doesn't have to be rich, just is middle class, so that way he can support our family and so we are not poor, OR has a good job that he can save up, doesn't have to have all of the money when we meet and get married, but at least a good job).
6. Is obedient to God, no matter the cost (which that could mean traveling or selling all we have, etc...if God says it, we do it!)
7. Brave.
8. A Gentleman
9. Respects my parents
10. Get's along well with my siblings
11. Forgives and Forgets
12. A good, strong leader
13. LOVES children LOTS!!!!
14. Loves me <3
15. Works through problems and doesn't hold grudges.
16. Hates divorce and abortion
17. Has and lives with Self-control
18. Not ashamed of Jesus.
19. Handsome, of course! (but character is more important, but looks are important too).
20. Lives out the Bible and goes to church as a member and as a lover for Jesus!
21. Smart.
22. Humble
23. Bold
24. Does not fight.
25. IS RIGHT FOR ME! <3 GOD, YOU KNOW WHO HE IS! SEND HIM TO ME WHEN YOU'RE READY, UNTIL THEN I AM WAITING FAITHFULLY AND WON'T GIVE UP! <3 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment