Monday, February 20, 2012

Money in the Economy

Money in the economy right now is not good. It seems the prices just keep going up and people keep buying less. As people buy less, the prices will go up more and as the prices go up more, people will buy less. This is a cycle and I have no idea how our world is going to get out of the mess that they have put themselves in. I do know though that we can find practical ways to save money. It will take time and effort, but if it's something we need and should do, I believe it's worth it. One thing I do to help me save my money is I get the check that I get paid with and put most of it into my savings account, except like some money I use to get gas with for the week or two, then I will later in the next week I will set aside some money I get paid to help me pay for the other things I do, for example: I support a little girl with Compassion International and that's $38 a month, so I set that aside and I pay my phone bill. The rest in my savings I am saving up for my last year in college. After college I will still be saving and save up to buy myself a car, then save for my future home. Now, God can change my "savings account" and He can change my life around and let me save my money for whatever He wants. I only use money that I have to on these things and sometimes food, but I try to eat or bring a little snack with me to school so I don't spend a lot of money on going out to eat and buying things that I don't need and aren't healthy for my body or for my life. 

There are some things that we just have to say no to and as a world, we can pay off our debt if we would set aside money and save it and use a little at a time to pay it off, instead of buying more things that we don't need or don't have to have in our world. I truly believe that we would save a lot of money if we wouldn't put our money to no good of use, on cigarettes, tobacco, alcohol, food that is unhealthy for our body's and tried to become a healthy nation physically and how we spend what God has given us-in a wise way, saving and paying what we need to. At this point in our economy people aren't really thinking about the future, they are thinking about how to get out of debt NOW, but that is really unrealistic to get out of debt NOW. We need to save and save and pay off debt, not keep buying and spending on things we don't have to have. We also need to seek God as #1 in our lives and get His wisdom. We need to give up of ourselves to those who are in need and pray for them to do the right thing and make the right decisions. God is our Father and if He ran our country then I believe He would do whatever He wanted and it would be the best decision ever. BUT NO, we as a country are trying to take the name of Jesus and trying to take "God" out of everything. I believe that God is omnipresent and He said that He would never leave nor forsake us-His children, so if our nation would realize that God is not blessing us for the stupidity and unwise decisions we have made that have gotten us into this mess then if we would turn from our wicked ways and repent of our sins, then God would forgive our sins and heal our land. We need to do the right thing, no matter the cost. Going in debt as much as we are in our country is not good debt, we need to save for the future and pay off debt as we go and spend and use the things God has given us wisely, and make Him #1 in our lives! :)

That's just my thoughts, what are your thoughts and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment