Thursday, October 4, 2012

Healthy Relationships



There's more to relationships than the feelings. There's more to relationships than what the media and the ways of this world says. Relationships of any kind are built on a commitment of love and support, of forgiveness and truth and ultimately it is built on God and the His ways, well at least a good healthy relationship is. When we seek our own selfish desires in a relationship, it doesn't get us anywhere. We must look to the needs and interests of the other person. We must learn to die to our selfish desires in many ways. I am learning this right now and have been for a while now. I know I won't be perfect and neither will you, but it's in our weakness we must ask ourselves if we are willing and have a desire to learn and overcome the trials and sins in our lives. Every relationship takes work, they don't just happen. Every relationship takes time as well. We will always be growing and we must be willing to grow and learn things about the other person and about oursleves to make the relationship work out. We must be humble and grow in the fruit of Christ. After marriage the growing doesn't stop, but it keeps going. We must get to the place that we are willing to admit we are wrong in an area and commit to pray and ask God to help us by living His word out in our lives.

I am no expert on relationship and I've never had a boyfriend, but I have seen great marriages and terrible marriages and I have great friends and others that I watch how they live and I notice that in marriages when a couple is struggling and wrestling through hard issues in life, that it's in those times that can break or make the marriage. You can't just "throw in the towl" if something goes wrong or bad, it's a life and death commitment to the person you chose to marry-in the good and bad times, in all times, seasons and things that this life brings us. That goes for ANY relationship, whether marriage or true friendships or family. We must remember that!

There is SO much that I have learned even though I am not in a relationship like marriage and I don't have a boyfriend and never have (someday I hope to-for the purpose of marriage at one point), but I have seen so many relationships and I just wanted to share with you a few things I have learned! I hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment